Health and Wellness
The Health and Wellness (H&W) service team is comprised of the following departments:
- Community Corrections.
- Financial Assistance Services.
- Health and Wellness Administration.
- Healthcare Services - Lake Owasso Residence.
- Healthcare Services - Ramsey County Care Center.
- Public Health.
- Social Services.
- Veterans Services.
Health and Wellness represent 55% of the county’s workforce; 2,108 of the county’s 3,803 employees. Racially and ethnically diverse employees represent 45% of the Health and Wellness workforce compared to 36% of the countywide workforce. Health and Wellness is one of two service teams with a significantly higher population of female employees (70%) than male employees (30%).
Nearly half of the employees in the Health and Wellness service team are classified in the EEO-4 Professional category.
New Hires, Promotions and Separations
- Health and Wellness had 275 of the 398 new hires at Ramsey County (70%).
- 66% of the new hires in Health and Wellness were racially and ethnically diverse employees.
- Health and Wellness had 166 of the 329 promotions at Ramsey County (50%).
- 60% of the promotions in Health and Wellness were racially and ethnically diverse employees.
- Health and Wellness had 51 of the 395 separations at Ramsey County (64%).
- 47% of the separations in Health and Wellness were racially and ethnically diverse employees.